Sunday, December 2, 2007

Woody the Woodpecker is here!


Wow, I just realized I haven't posted anything since mid November. I've been pretty busy since I have taken on a side job writing training. Well, today I was walking by the back door and I noticed a beautiful woodpecker in our tree on our deck. I have noticed all the holes in the tree and the sap all over the deck, but I have yet to see the culprit. I have nicknamed him Woody....seemed appropriate. Much to my surprise, he didn't even budge when I walked out the door with my camera. His head looked flouresent red in the sunlight. Isn't he beautiful?

2 comments:

...kristen... said...

i don't think i've ever seen a woodpecker up close before? what a treat for you!

Joni Marie Newman said...

dang, they are bigger than I imagined them!