Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Annual CHFC Christmas Party

Another year, another Compton Hunting and Fishing Club Christmas Party. Every year since I was a wee child, we have been going to the CHFC annual kids Christmas Party. My grandparents were members first, back in the 50's and then my folks joined. The CHFC has brought many great memories both at the Christmas party and many fun camping trips as well as lots of other functions. When I was in junior and high school, I used to get to help Santa by dressing as one of his elves. When my girls were young, they used to go to the party every year and now that tradition is staying alive with Dominic. We have 5 generations attending the party now. This year I got to experience the "night before the party" festivities. Each year the adults get together the night before to decorate the club, stuff the stockings and prepare for the kids party. I joined my folks and my brother to experience the "elf" activities. We had a blast! I do have one question.....how many CHFC men does it take to hang lights along the shelves? At least 7 or 8. My brother, Steve, and I laughed while we watched the guys untangle, test, hang and complain to each other. Pretty funny stuff considering they do this every year. The tree was magnificent, the tables all set in green and red, the snowflakes glittering and then we snacked. Yes, the adult elves get fed the night before and partake in a bit of Christmas cheer. I'm so glad I went down early to help the night before. I got some quality bonding time with my Mom, Dad, Brother, Aunt, Uncle and other members that I have come to know over the years. Here are some pictures of the festivities.

Here's Mom, Steve and Dad after we finished
decorating and eating. Boy my folks and bro
work hard at all the club functions:















Here's Dominic getting his gift from
Santa. It was a SpongeBob Christmas
movie. Santa really knew what Dominic
wanted this year:



















Aunt Donna, aka Missus Spintales, tells stories
while the kids wait for Santa. Not sure who
the little girl is. She joined our picture because
she wanted to spend more time with Santa:
















3 of the 5 generations represented here. My
Grandma Helen who is Great-Great Grandma
to Dominic:

2 comments:

Joni Marie Newman said...

I am still complaining that I wasn't even invited! I guess a girl has to have a baby to get invited to these things anymore. It's okay. I probably wouldn't have been able to go anyways. XOXO.

...kristen... said...

I'll have to let Joni know next year when the party is! We were very surprised to see you there this year mom!