Saturday, December 8, 2007

Dreaming of a White Christmas......

Okay, so it's not Christmas yet, but I'll take the snow anytime. I peeked outside last evening while I was decorating our Christmas tree and the snow had just started. So of course I ran out to the front porch to smoke a cigarette and watch the beautiful snowflakes amongst the Christmas lights. Have I told you how much we love the snow! Last year we had snow every weekend in December. It's a bit later this year, but we're hoping we get lots more, especially when the family all comes up the weekend before Christmas. I snapped a couple shots this morning because there is nothing like fresh, unstepped in snow. Here is what it looks like in Tehachapi this beautiful December morning.


This was a 7:00 am when I went out to feed
the horses. It was so beautiful!

I love it when the trees are coated whith snow.

Hermie was kickin' up her heals and running
around the back yard...should of had my video
camera.

Okay, so no more untouched snow. Bailey and
Hermie left their mark and some yellow snow.














The barn takes on a whole new look with a rooftop
full of snow.

2 comments:

...kristen... said...

dominic says, "when can we come over?!" and "i wish we lived in tehachapi!"

i said to him, "but then you would have snow chores, like shoveling snow off the driveway."

can't wait to come up!!

Joni Marie Newman said...

I can't wait to sit on the porch and have a cig while feezing in the snow. It will be so much fun! Sleep, smoke, eat, smoke, eat, sleep. For 3 days! Please, Please, Please save some snow for us :)