Tuesday, January 8, 2008

What a hoot!


Who needs an alarm clock when you live in the country? Not us! This morning around 6:45 something hit our bedroom window and the dogs started barking. I got up (yes, I was still sleeping) to see if the wind was blowing. The wind wasn't blowing, but I saw feathers on the window and Scott told me I needed to stop using windex....hahahaha! All of a sudden, an owl jumped up on to the screen and hung on for a while. I thought it was injured, so I grabbed my camera to take advantage of this rare photo opportunity. The owl jumped down in to the flower bed. I was able to get this great picture. The owl appears to be a youngin'. I think it was just startled from crashing in to the window. As soon as I flashed the camera, it took off in full flight. I hope he starts hanging out in our barn. We would love to have a barn owl! This was just one of mother nature's moments.....one of the reasons we love living in the country!

3 comments:

...kristen... said...

that's crazy! owls have freaky eyes...i bet it scared you when he popped up at the window!

Joni Marie Newman said...

scary! but beautiful.

Anonymous said...

test