Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Summer garden is thriving.....

Our fruits of labor from spring planting are now providing us lots of fresh veggies. There's nothing like walking out to the garden and picking a few fresh choices for dinner! Here are a few pics of what's growing. Oh, and the flowers, those are all my doing....Scott says if you can't eat it, why grow it.



Second wave of corn. We already ate a bunch,
gave some away and froze a bunch for winter


I've been waiting for this rhubard to turn red
so I can bake a scrumptious rhubarb pie.



Got to have fresh basil...what would a garden
be with out it?


I was going to pick some fresh lavender to
put in the house, but the bee's were having
too much fun, so I'll wait for them to take a nap.


Mmmm....yummy eggplant


Pumpkins are turning orange early this year
that means early pumpkin pie and great jack o
lantern carving!


A few more weeks and these watermelons
will be ripe and ready.


Tomatoes gone wild...and we've already picked
a ton, made a bunch of salsa and gave a bunch away.


Bell peppers just waiting to turn red so they
are sweeter!




And last but not least......my favorite sunflower so far this year!

3 comments:

...kristen... said...

i sure hope you bring some of all of the above over when you come down next week! especially that lavender...maybe if i tie a stem of it around dominic's neck, he'll pipe down or something? :)

kimelaine said...

Hey Kristen, you bet I will bring some of the fresh veggies when I come down next week. I'll pick the lavender now and make it in to a sachet so we can put it on a necklace for Dominic to wear or better yet, we can brew him some lavender tea! Don't you wish you could bottle his energy and use it when you need that extra push! Love You!

Joni Marie Newman said...

Me too! I cannot even bein to explain how jealous I am of your garden!!!